Broadcastify.com has decided after nearly two years of NEWC providing a live scanner feed to them that the feed does not meet or some how violates the terms of service agreement they have set forth. This decision was based entirely off the fact that NEWC provides the feed with a Federal Police agency’s (V.A. Police) radio traffic included. We have read through their terms of service and there is no mention of Federal Police. We do apologize for any inconvenience at this time. We are working with broadcastify.com to try to bring the feed back online ASAP however they may not allow us to do so moving forward. If you would like to reach out and provide your own feedback to this service interruption with Broadcastify.com I have included contact information.
Contact: Gordon Edwards (Broadcastify Support)
Reference request (#48534)
UPDATE: 08/09/2023 Here is the final results of our communication with Broadcastify.com and the lack of professionalism and poor customer service by the CEO of Broadcastify.com
UPDATE: 08/08/2023 Here is the results of our attempt to work with Broadcastify.com to reinstate the scanner live feed dor Dickinson County, MI.
Gordon Edwards (Broadcastify Support)
Feb 8, 2023, 13:38 CST
Sorry, they can’t be included on the feed as their inclusion is against our Terms of Service.
— Gordon Edwards, Live Audio Administrator
Broadcastify.com has implemented First Amendment censorship on their feed providers by creating terms violations and redefining meanings as they see fit. Below are the current terms of service for Broadcastify.com as of 02/08/2023. However as you can see the last update to that page was preformed on Saturday 02/04/2023 and our request was made on on Saturday 01/28/2023. They sent several emails which we were not getting notifications for, as shown below:
Feed Provider Terms of Service – What can and cannot be broadcast
- “SWAT type” operations if on channels or talkgroups dedicated to those operations
- Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations on channels or talkgroups dedicated to those operations
- Dedicated channels or talkgroups for Ambulance to Hospital Communications
- Dedicated Federal Government or Military Communications (exceptions include any fire fighting operations, NASA space communications, park ranger operations)
- Any commercial service broadcast (FM/AM/TV etc)
- Music or talk show of any kind (commercial or non-commercial)
- DJ or other type of similar activity (commercial or non-commercial)
- Open Microphones
Broadcastify reserves the right to limit access to or disable broadcasts that the management feels not appropriate for the community.
Feed Delays: Feed broadcasters are prohibited from implementing any user defined delays on their broadcasts unless they have the written approval from the Broadcastify administration staff. Written approval for feed delays are typically only granted to official feed providers.
Some examples to help you understand what can and cannot be put on your feed:
- If an agency has a dedicated frequency or talkgroup for SWAT operations – it is not allowed to be on the feed. If the agency’s SWAT team operates on the PD regular dispatch frequency, than it is OK.
- If an agency has a dedicated frequency for ambulance to hospital communications, it is not allow to be on the feed. If the EMS agency passes patient reports over the regular EMS Dispatch channel, that’s OK.
There will always be exceptions and variations to this rule, but feed providers should always strive to maintain the spirit of what we have put into place above.
If there is a question about whether or not something can be broadcast, please submit a support request to the audio administration team at audio [at] broadcastify.com so we can address the issue.